Saturday, May 14, 2011

David on when he fell in love...


David fell in love with music at a young age. At age 5/6 when he was in grade one he started learning how to read music and played the xylophone in his school play. He moved on to other instruments as his love for music grew and eventually settled on the guitar and saxophone. David played the saxophone in his song Ruvarangu , though he mainly plays the guitar. He also plays the piano, drums, mbira and base guitar. 

For David, music is a passion, he says, "there is always a tune at the back of my mind or something I see or hear that inspires lyrics to come to mind in the course of everyday life. I know that making music is a gift that God has given me not anything that I have made for myself..." David believes that he will always be a musician and make music and that it is just a part of who he is.

1 comment:

  1. Ruvarangu...I will walk down the aisle to this song and you David Chifunyise will be playing the saxophone. Absolutely love your work, stay blessed.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts